Both in her current role as a successful criminal defense lawyer and her past position as a prosecutor and Boulder County Chief Deputy District Attorney, Amy has achieved noteworthy results. A few examples include:
- Successful outcome in an eviction trial, keeping a family from losing their home.
- Case dismissal following the State’s presentation of evidence, as the judge agreed with Amy’s argument that the prosecution did not put on enough evidence to establish a basic case.
- Obtained a “diversion” for a juvenile charged with sexting, and the case was eventually dismissed.
- Routinely negotiates plea bargains with prosecutors to reduce charges, sentences, or both.
Prosecuting Criminal Cases
- Conviction and life sentence for a man arrested for fatally stabbing an employee in an Old Navy store in Boulder. This was a 10-day jury trial.
- Conviction and prison time for a man arrested for manufacturing methamphetamine in a Louisville hotel. Amy had to educate the jury on the process involved in “cooking meth” so that they could understand the significance of the evidence. This was a nearly four-day trial where 23 witnesses testified.
- Conviction and prison time for a man arrested for the racially motivated and unprovoked second degree assault on a black University of Colorado student whose jaw was broken. This was a one-week jury trial and three days of motions litigation.
- Guilty plea on two counts of second degree murder and a 70-year prison sentence for a serial killer. This outcome took over three years of investigation and began as a white collar crime case.
Conviction and life sentence for a man in the kidnapping, rape, and homicide of a female victim. This was a cold case that had remained unsolved for 11 years, and was resolved in a 13-day jury trial and 10 days of motions litigation.